SOS India requires a senior fundraising professional to head its fundraising operations in India. The job description for the position is as below. Please refer the suitable people in your network to apply for the same.
SOS Children’s Villages of India is one of the leading child care organization in India. SOS-India is member of SOS Kinderdorf International. Today, there are over 200,000 children whose lives are being transformed by 40 SOS Children’s Villages and 122 allied projects like Kindergartens, Medical/ Social Centres, Hermann Gmeiner Schools spread across the country. The organization is looking for a result-oriented professional to head the Publicity and Fund Raising Division:
Deputy National Director- Publicity & Fund Raising
Qualification & Experience:
MBA with specialization in Marketing or post graduation in Marketing from a reputed institute with 10-15 years experience in Fund Raising. Ideally already heading FR function of a leading NGO with local fundraising to the tune of several crore rupees annually and a donor base of several thousand; experience in both individual and institutional fundraising as well as new media and experience in both in-house and outsourced fundraising. Candidates having experience in sales/marketing will also be considered.
The incumbent will be responsible for planning Fund Raising Strategies and their implementation, management of teams and setting of targets both for team and individual employees. She/he will lead the team from the front, inspire them and act as a coach and mentor for the team. Should also be able to execute the following activities:
1) Participate in long and short term strategy development for SOS India
2) Deploy targets, design action plans / products and identify new donor
3) Periodically monitor target achievement against objectives and budgets, take appropriate corrective actions.
4) Ability to manage branch offices located through out the country.
5) Ability to handle media and PR Functions.
6) Oversee and ensure end to end servicing of the national and international donors and sponsors.
7) Anchor marketing understanding in the organization by creating a positive mindset in the field for the support of FR activities and building brand SOS.
8) Coach and monitor performance of subordinates and coordinate with HR for opportunities for development and growth to ensure increased fund raising from India.
9) Must possess excellent presentation skills.
Excellent communication skills. Exposure to 1-2 regional languages would be an advantage. High proficiency in English language is required.
Location of posting:
This is a Senior Management position at the level of Deputy National Director reporting to National Director (CEO).
As per requirements
As per norms of the organization.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send in their CVs to firstname.lastname@example.org, along with a covering letter mentioning their suitability for the position.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further process.
For more details about the organization, please visit our Website: